Vizeum heeft onlangs Burger King als nieuwe klant mogen verwelkomen. Hoog tijd voor een introductie. Aan het woord Joao Saraiva, marketingverantwoordelijke voor Burger King.
A short introduction: Joao was born and raised in Lisbon, Portugal. He has lived in Marseille, Madrid, Maastricht, Munich and Amsterdam since he left Portugal, between studies and work. Joao is with the BK family since 2013, when he joined the Burger King EMEA headquarters as a management trainee. In Amsterdam since February 2015.
1. Burger King. In the Netherlands the challenger within the fast food industry. Always the comparison whether the burger of McDonalds or Burger King tastes better. What are your main goals for the rest of 2015 and beyond?
At Burger King we aim to become the preferred QSR in the Netherlands, increasing market share with penetration and frequency driven tactics and building a stronger emotional link between our guests and the brand. The tastiest burger in the market is obviously the Whopper (with cheese and bacon)!
2. The market of fast food is a highly competitive market. Pricing is and maintains one of the most important drivers for the consumer to visit or not to visit Burger King. But hat are other main elements you do to get ánd keep them on board?
The most important aspect of building a strong relationship with our guests is to ensure we serve great tasting and great quality food, quickly and with a smile. The Burger King brand is also aiming to become more active in the emotional engagement with our guests. We believe the emotional importance people attach to a brand is very important to build our brand preference on the long run.
3. Media consumption in the (near) future: how will the developments go do you think?
TV is the most important media channel in the industry and will be for years to come. Digital media is growing every year and at Burger King we aim to tap into that opportunity as well.
4. How does your media consumption looks like during a regular day?
I am a Facebook addict. I don’t watch TV often due to lack of time but I stay informed via online media. I am on my phone all the time too.
5. What is your favourite campaign of the recent past?
Unilever has done a great job with their recent Cornetto campaigns, because they simultaneously built on brand love and affordability in one single campaign, with an awesome reach. I also have to highlight the 2014 Burger King Chicken Fries campaign from the US. It is one of the best examples of how the brand engaged with guests on social media with great and simple product innovation.